Thursday, August 6, 2009

Rest in Peace



Sunday, August 2nd, we lost someone tragically. He was a son, a brother, an uncle, a lover and a friend. And he was all these things so spectacularly I don't have the words to properly describe. Words can't envelope the feelings that he created in all of us that were so priveleged to know him.
We are all struggling so hard to move forward with the thought that he is no longer in our world. The tragedy is, however, all ours, since he lived his life truly, joyously and fully to the last moments.

I'm having good days and bad days and today is a bad day. I'm just so sad that I won't get to see him again in this life. That my son won't get to know him as we do. That my husband will ache with missing him. That we will all ache with missing him.

On the good days I can be grateful to have known him, and for the gifts of laughter he gave us. For the "good energy" he put out for all of us to share. I can celebrate the amazing life he lived, the places he went, the people he touched, and the waves he conquered. The best friends he turned into family for all of us. And especially the woman he loved.

Dude, we'll miss you doesn't even begin to cover it.

No comments:

Post a Comment