Saturday, November 21, 2009

Drive Time.

We, The Bubba and I, are at hour 1.5 in the bedtime routine. Meaning I have been attempting to get him to go to bed for approximately one and a half hours. I know, I know...I'm a sucker when it comes to bedtime. And it's something that has come about in the past 6 months. For the first 2 years of his life, he went to bed and stayed there 9 out of 10 times with no problems. Now he has learned the age old trick of "Delay". And the determination with which he pursues this is amazing.
I watched an episode of "World's Strictest Parents" tonight, the show where bratty teenagers go to live with a family where the parents don't take any crap from bratty teenagers. And I realized I'd better straighten up my parenting before he's older and he starts acting like some of the fool teenagers on this show. You know the ones. The kids that will tell you their leg is broken and so they can't possibly put their dirty laundry in the laundry hamper. Or that they will just pass right out if they have to make their bed.
Poor little Bubba has no idea that all of his "book", "milk", "pee" is creating a strict parent monster out of me and I will happily tell him when he is 16 and sullen because I won't let him get that tattoo he justhastohavecauseallofmyfriendshavethempleasemom! that if he had just gone to bed without any delay when he was 2, I would just drive him myveryownself to the tattoo parlor.

No comments:

Post a Comment