Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trick or Treat.

Over the past few weeks I have started a new job, had my car break down 3 times, learned that a favorite aunt had passed away and that some good friends are divorcing. I was quite impressed with myself that all of this had not caused me to hide in the closet sucking on a bottle of Stoli and beating my head against a wall. Then yesterday after I forced The Bubba, kicking and screaming, into a costume he didn't want to wear so we could go to perfect strangers houses and beg for candy, the camels back broke. Well actually the dryer broke. With a still wet load in it and another wet load in the washer. Yippee. So off we go to Grans house with two bags of wet laundry and an unhappy dinosaur. After dropping off the laundry to be dried and convincing The Bubba that he would have fun walking around in the itchy dinosaur head because people he doesn't know would give him candy we were off. For some reason I just wasn't in the mood to trick or treat but I must say some of the costumes were qtp2t. After an hour of begging oops I mean trick or treating we returned to our friends house with a mostly full pumpkin bucket. Victory is ours. And so are the fun size butterfingers. Now I just have to figure out how to make The Bubba understand that he shouldn't take candy from strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment